Kingston Penitentiary Tours
BUY YOUR TICKETS HERE:
Please note that Kingston Pen Tours are not available from September 5 to 23 inclusive.
CEO Darren Dalgleish, and Chair of the Board Ian Wilson at Kingston Pen Tours on opening day!
Tours through Kingston Penitentiary will offer a rare and unique opportunity to go behind the walls of Canada’s oldest and most notorious maximum security prison. Closed in 2013, the guided tours will provide an up-close look at KP as an amazing historical building and a national historic site, which predates Canadian confederation.
- Please read our Policies, Waivers & Rules section before your visit. Please note that guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Tours will operate Tuesday to Sunday with Tuesday being local only days. First public tours will start on Thursday, June 16th from 9 a.m to 5 p.m.
- The tour route will last approximately 90 minutes.
- General admission tickets will be sold for $25 per person (plus taxes & fees).
- Kingston residents can take advantage of a special local Tuesday rate.
- $20 per person (plus tax & fees)
- Enter the first 3 letters/digits of your Kingston postal code in the Promo Code box to access this special rate. Promo code is in the upper right hand corner.
- Valid for purchase of Tuesday tours only.
- From June 21st to September 4th tours will operate every 20 minutes starting at 9:00 a.m. until the last tour time of 7:40 p.m.
- A fall schedule will see tours available 4 days per week from Thursday to Sunday until October 31st.
- Tickets will be available online only at www.kingstonpentour.com.
- In an effort to manage inventory and accommodate visitor’s ability to secure tickets, inventory will be released as follows:
- 50% of ticket inventory for the season will be released on June 6.
- June 30 – remaining 50% of JULY inventory released.
- July 29– remaining 50% of AUGUST inventory released.
- September 6 – remaining fall inventory released.
- Visitors will be able to purchase a K-Pass attractions pass which will include the ability to reserve with privileged access at a special rate on the KP Tour Experience.
- The Kingston Penitentiary Tours have been made possible through a partnership between the City of Kingston, Correctional Service of Canada and the St. Lawrence Parks Commission who will deliver the tour experience. SLPC has hired over 30 students to act as tour guides supported by retired CSC employees.
- Net proceeds of the tours will support tourism and destination marketing initiatives, as well as to support youth programs through the United Way of Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington.
For the web page in French click here.
- Policies, Waivers & Rules
- Kingston Pen Tour regulations.
- Contact information